Author Topic: Test to see if photos load OK  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Flydude

• Popper
  • Thomas
Test to see if photos load OK
« on: November 02, 2016, 09:41:06 AM »
To help get things going in this section here is a photo of my Love Frog Fly.
May the sun always shine and the wind be to your back, Thomas

Offline Mike Herbster

• Foam Spider
Re: Test to see if photos load OK
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 07:30:45 PM »
Looks good Flydude.where do you get the foam bodies from?

Offline Flydude

• Popper
  • Thomas
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 04:39:15 AM »
Hi Mike, I use Wapsi Foam Cylinders and cut to size. I am attaching two photos showing the material list and a cutting example. Barlow's Tackle ( http://www.barlowstackle.com/Soft-Foam-Cylinders-P1339.aspx ) and other fly shops offer more colors. These flies sit high in the water and can be worked "dead slow" to fast and loud "popping" action.

Offline Flydude

• Popper
  • Thomas
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 04:55:20 AM »
Mike, here is a photo of a Large Love Frog with a weed guard tied on a size 2 B10s hook and a STP Frog tied as a Tube Fly. Both flies have knots tied in the rear legs which creates a bit more action. I can throw this fly on top of floating grass and lilies and work them into open spots and get bass to blow up on them.

Offline StippledPopper

• Foam Spider
  • Ronald Braud
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 06:37:25 AM »
The image loaded. But the paper clip and view count below the images is a bit unusual. 

Offline Flydude

• Popper
  • Thomas
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 07:33:16 AM »
The image loaded. But the paper clip and view count below the images is a bit unusual.

Hi Ronald, not sure why. I see that your photos do not have the paper clip/info. I looked at some more post with photos that Cliff has uploaded and they are like mine?

I am not a computer person but it could be how the attached photo is uploaded, or maybe where the original photo is stored. I have a folder labeled "Warm Fly" in my main photo album that I upload from.

I see that your photos are uploaded from photobucket and that could be the difference.

PS, by the way I still have the popper you gave me several years ago. I decided it was too pretty to use and have some fish tear up.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Foam Spider
  • Butch Ammons
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 08:15:42 AM »

Hi Ronald, not sure why. I see that your photos do not have the paper clip/info. I looked at some more post with photos that Cliff has uploaded and they are like mine?

I am not a computer person but it could be how the attached photo is uploaded, or maybe where the original photo is stored. I have a folder labeled "Warm Fly" in my main photo album that I upload from.

I see that your photos are uploaded from photobucket and that could be the difference.

PS, by the way I still have the popper you gave me several years ago. I decided it was too pretty to use and have some fish tear up.

Flydude, Ron and Stephen are linking their pictures from their Photobucket accounts. You can do that or upload them here as attachments as you did.

I changed the settings so that attachments are shown full size now. You still see the paper clip under them, but you don't have to click on them to increase to full size.
If anyone has any problems seeing the larger images please let me know.

Offline Flydude

• Popper
  • Thomas
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 08:43:57 AM »
Hey Butch,

No problems here, they all look good and loaded up full size. I viewed it using IE8 and Firefox and both the same.

Thanks so much for all the hard work on restoring this web site.

Offline StippledPopper

• Foam Spider
  • Ronald Braud
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 02:55:06 PM »
Admin:  Thank you for the explanation.

Offline Peanutbutter

• Brim Bug
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 07:54:35 AM »
Flydude, you have a really nice website.  Keep it growing, especially the fly recipe section.
Thanks for the frog tutorial and link.