Author Topic: Fly Tying Cabinet  (Read 901 times)

Offline Flydude

• Popper
  • Thomas
Fly Tying Cabinet
« on: December 11, 2016, 12:49:00 PM »
Hello to all,

I have this fly tying cabinet that I will give to someone that needs and will use it. A friend made this for me about 35 to 40 years ago out of 11/16" thick plywood. I have used it up until 5 years ago when I made a new bigger unit out of aluminum. It is too big and heavy to ship so it must be picked up at my home in Etoile, Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake. The cabinet is 18" tall x 22" wide x 13" deep and the door is hinged at the bottom and acts as a tying table. Please send me a personal email if you are interested, or call me 8am to 7pm at nine-three-six 221-8821.
May the sun always shine and the wind be to your back, Thomas

Offline Rick Z

• Popper
Re: Fly Tying Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 03:30:06 PM »
Wish I was closer.

Rick

Offline Flydude

• Popper
  • Thomas
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »
Hello all,

The fly tying cabinet has been given away.

Offline breamchaser

• Foam Spider
  • John A. Snyder
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 08:07:28 AM »
Flydude, just read this post and it got me thinking, if that fly tying cabinet could talk. I bet it would have some tails to tell of flies and tying. I do hope the new owner enjoys it as much as you did and as much as the builder did in making it. Take care, John. :smile:
It's not what you do, it how you do what you do, that counts.

Offline Flydude

• Popper
  • Thomas
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 09:49:20 AM »
Good morning John,

A very good friend who was a cabinet maker built that for me a long time ago. I have "hauled" that all around the country over the years and tied up flies right at the water edge. I would be afraid to guess how many thousands of flies I have tied with it.

A local friend has a young daughter who lives in Colorado and loves to fly fish. Paul was over here one day and told me about her so I showed him the cabinet and he said she would love to have it. I hope she gets as much use out of it as I did.