Author Topic: Fishable and Fanciful  (Read 261 times)

Offline StippledPopper

• Foam Spider
  • Ronald Braud
Fishable and Fanciful
« on: August 20, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »
Three Wapsi cupped Poppers with similar design in different colors
A Balsa Popper on a 6/0 Orvis Pike Hook
A Balsa Long Tom/ Per Walt Holman
A Balsa Frog Gerbubble Bug
A Balsa White Gerbubble From (my least favorite of the bunch)
A Balsa Pike Head on 2/0 Orvis Pike Hook
A Balsa take on Jim Stewart's Deer Hair take on a Hula Popper

Offline HmooseK

• Brim Bug
Re: Fishable and Fanciful
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »
Ronald,

I've always admired your work. I read your how-to a few years ago and made all my tools as you described and adapted a few of my own ideas. I can't see very well anymore, but I find dotting Poppers relaxes me and helps with my anxiety even if they don't look so great. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Offline StippledPopper

• Foam Spider
  • Ronald Braud
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:13:42 AM »
Thank you.  Good for you finding ways to add your own ideas into your work.  I just had cataract surgery in both eyes and still having frequent visits to my opthamologist until the pressure in my eyes goes back to what it was before surgery.  I've been on drops(successfully so far) to prevent glaucoma damage for years.  Were I farsighted rather than nearsighted I'd probably have more problems with painting than I do. 

Offline breamchaser

• Foam Spider
  • John A. Snyder
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 08:39:31 AM »
Just as I have come to expect of you, ''Awesome.'' I admire you work and see you have way more patience than I do. I enjoy seeing your work, but I'll stick with foam and leave the pro/artistic work to you, you are definitely better at it than I could ever be. Thanks for sharing all your work with all of us, we appreciate it. Take care, John. :smile:
It's not what you do, it how you do what you do, that counts.

Offline HmooseK

• Brim Bug
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 09:53:22 PM »
Thank you.  Good for you finding ways to add your own ideas into your work.  I just had cataract surgery in both eyes and still having frequent visits to my opthamologist until the pressure in my eyes goes back to what it was before surgery.  I've been on drops(successfully so far) to prevent glaucoma damage for years.  Were I farsighted rather than nearsighted I'd probably have more problems with painting than I do.

I have glaucoma too. My surgery went bad.

Offline StippledPopper

• Foam Spider
  • Ronald Braud
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 01:34:41 PM »

I have glaucoma too. My surgery went bad.

Ouch!  Was your surgery for cataracts or glaucoma?  If for cataracts, laser of surgeon knife?

Offline texanafield

• Foam Spider
  • Brian Davis
    • Texan Afield
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 08:45:36 PM »
Those are really great looking!
I wasn't born in Texas, but got here as soon as I moved.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Foam Spider
  • Butch Ammons
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »
I can say from personal experience that Ron's flies not only look great, they catch fish.