Author Topic: 2wt setup  (Read 343 times)

Offline Pondhopper Lee

• Popper
  • Lee
Re: 2wt setup
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »
I have added a loop on my line by using a heavy piece of mono and tying a perfection loop on the end and nail knot it to the fly line.Worked great.
Folding the line back and whip finishing it is a great idea.I will have to try it.

Offline Mike Herbster

• Foam Spider
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 10:29:24 PM »
Lee I think it comes down to personal preference about the over lining of a rod. I started with glass rods and I'm used to the slower stroke to let the rod load completely. Did you buy a 2 wt or 3wt. I'm just curious so let us know what you think.

Offline Mbarker68x

• Foam Spider
  • Mike
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »
Mostly to fight the winds in Central TX, Honduras, that I was dealing with at the time. On my current 2wt Finesse, I have two spools for my Redington Zero Reel. One is spooled with the TFO WF3F, the other is spooled with a Bass Pro Small Creek DT2F line. Have had this set up for 3 or 4 months now, the 2wt has seen the water once.  Purse that will change once I get to the small mt streams in VA that I will start fishing in September.
Do it with 3wt and below! It's a lot of fun.

Offline Pondhopper Lee

• Popper
  • Lee
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 06:42:39 PM »
Lee I think it comes down to personal preference about the over lining of a rod. I started with glass rods and I'm used to the slower stroke to let the rod load completely. Did you buy a 2 wt or 3wt. I'm just curious so let us know what you think.

Mike i bought a Hook and Hackle DT2F line and backing for $15.00.Not a bad deal at all.The rod is a used custom 2wt from Midwest rods i picked up at a local yard sale.It has a very slow action.Sorta reminds me of my little ultra lite spinning rod.I can't wait to get it out in the creeks and try it. :smile:

Offline Pondhopper Lee

• Popper
  • Lee
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 06:47:51 PM »
Mostly to fight the winds in Central TX, Honduras, that I was dealing with at the time. On my current 2wt Finesse, I have two spools for my Redington Zero Reel. One is spooled with the TFO WF3F, the other is spooled with a Bass Pro Small Creek DT2F line. Have had this set up for 3 or 4 months now, the 2wt has seen the water once.  Purse that will change once I get to the small mt streams in VA that I will start fishing in September.

Mike 2 spools is a great idea.I have an old medalist reel i will be using.I will have to look into picking up another spare spool for it from ebay.I should be able to find one very cheap and eventually maybe get a 3wt line for it.

Offline Mike Herbster

• Foam Spider
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 07:18:56 PM »
I received my lines today. :buttrock: I'm thinking about buying a maxcatch 1 wt to put the 2 wt line on. :smile:

Offline Pondhopper Lee

• Popper
  • Lee
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 07:35:26 PM »
I received my lines today. :buttrock: I'm thinking about buying a maxcatch 1 wt to put the 2 wt line on. :smile:

That maxcatch is a good looking rod at a great price.The 6ft rod they have would do well around some of the brushy creeks i fish.