Author Topic: Flies for Bass and Panfish by Dick Stewart and Farrow Allen.  (Read 296 times)

Offline Pondhopper Lee

• Popper
  • Lee
Flies for Bass and Panfish by Dick Stewart and Farrow Allen.

This is an excellent book for warmwater fly pattern recipes.It does not contain tying instructions but is a recipe book.It lists 240 flies for top water and subsurface.Included are flies covering everything from realistic nymphs used in northern smallmouth bass waters to big, plug-type flies used for largemouth bass in the south. Frogs, crayfish, snakes, leeches, mice, insects, and baitfish.It has a color photo of each fly and also list the materials used to tie each fly.Also has a paragraph with each fly telling the origin and some directions in how to fish the fly.These flies have all been proven effective and the book is a collection of the best flies by some of the best fly tyers in the nation.Again i will tell you this book does not have tying instructions but is an excellent source for fly tyers to have.One of the first books i purchased when i started tying and i have tied and customized many of the flies in it to fit my local waters.