Author Topic: Attachments  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Foam Spider
  • Butch Ammons
Attachments
« on: November 04, 2016, 12:17:49 PM »
This forum allows attachments such as pictures and some file formats. The server has unlimited storage and there is no limit on the size of attachments.

When you are posting a message and wish to add an attachment, click on 'Attachments and other options' below the message editor.

This does not work with the Quick Reply function under messages, you must use the full size message editor which is the big green Reply button under the message.

There is no need to resize your photos or host them on Photobucket or other hosts. The Attachment function lets you upload straight from your computer.

The attachment is shown as a 150 pixel thumbnail in messages. Clicking on the thumbnails will open them full size.

You can also add attachments when posting from Tapatalk. This makes it really easy as pictures taken with your smartphone can be directly attached.

Offline qualey99

• Foam Spider
Re: Attachments
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 02:13:17 PM »
Testing attachments.
The enemy of Good is Better

Offline StippledPopper

• Foam Spider
  • Ronald Braud
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 09:24:06 PM »
Qualey:

There may be a way to have the site resize image but I didn't find it when I tried to place an
image here to check.  To my mind the nice picture of the bream with popper views much better
about 25% of the posted size.

Offline Flydude

• Foam Spider
  • Thomas
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 06:01:40 AM »
Qualey:

Beautiful coloring on the Brim. Is that a Longear?
May the sun always shine and the wind be to your back, Thomas

Offline qualey99

• Foam Spider
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »
It is a regular bluegill out of a friend's pond.  My pond has copper nose gills.  I have a Mac computer, and only the Mac software for photo editing.  I cannot figure out how to resize the picture, so that you don't have to scroll back and forth to see it.  If someone wants to give me a "how to" description, I would love to try it.
The enemy of Good is Better

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Foam Spider
  • Butch Ammons
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 12:03:46 PM »
This works well: http://www.picresize.com/

Offline Catch

• Global Moderator
  • Foam Spider
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 11:24:40 AM »
If you have a photo editor on your laptop or tablet, consider copying the image and resizing to 800 or 1000 pixels wide before posting. This is the optimal size for most laptop or tablet displays. 

If there's something you need more resolution on, let's say a fly you tied, then I suggest cropping before resizing.

Resizing before posting will make your images more attractive to the eyes and greatly reduce the upload time. Especially if you're using ATT.   :boese104:

Offline Flydude

• Foam Spider
  • Thomas
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 11:43:45 AM »
Hey everybody,

I use Faststone, it is free, very easy to use and you can do just 1 photo or a whole album at a time. Here it their link. Hope this will help,
Thomas

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDownload.htm
May the sun always shine and the wind be to your back, Thomas