Author Topic: First new flyrod in a couple of years .  (Read 490 times)

Offline Gillchaser

• Brim Bug
First new flyrod in a couple of years .
« on: April 24, 2017, 12:56:09 PM »
Figured it was time for a new one . TFO Signature II , 8' 4wt. .
I'll let y'all know how I like it in a couple of days .
I already own the 6' 2wt and like it , so when I went to look for a new eight footer I went with TFO .  Gillchaser

Offline Gillchaser

• Brim Bug
Re: First new flyrod in a couple of years .
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 04:50:36 PM »
I got to fish my new TFO rod today . I spent about three hour tossing woolyboogers and  RLD's after trying a hopper for about fifteen minutes , with hits ,,but no hookups .
After switching to the wet flies, my hookup ratio went up .
I was comparing the TFO Sign. II to a St. Croix Rio Santo 8' 4 Wt . I already owned . Thought I would prefer the TFO , I didn't . It's not a bad rod, it just doesn't cast as well as the SC rod.
Wishing I'd ordered the four piece Rio Santo instead of the TFO . I'll most likely be keeping the TFO and use it when fishing out of my Jon boat . I usually keep one rod ready with a wet fly and another with a dry . .
Found a lot of empty beds today , this local water reservoir as are most are heavily fished especially on weekends. I figured the cricket chunkers cleaned they out last weekend .
Anyways I did manage to catch about 10 gills and three small LM bass .. Some of the gills were hand size . All released to grow a little . Gillchaser